Investment of emotions

Investment of emotions

Boy: where were you all these days?

The Alchemist: I was busy reading.

Boy: You read books? I mean come on. You know everything.

The Alchemist: The is no limit for knowledge. No one knows everything. The quality of your questions increasing day by day. I was just sharpening my blade.

Boy: what were you reading about?

The Alchemist: I was reading about most scariest thing on this planet, Human psychology.

Boy: what exactly?

The Alchemist: It’s about ‘investment of emotions’.

Boy: Looks funny. Investment of emotions.

The Alchemist: It’s a very serious topic. Humans invest emotions all the time.

Boy: is it good or bad?

The Alchemist: Nothing is good or bad. It’s just how you use it. You can create master pieces with that or ruin your entire life. Emotions are very powerful. You just need to know how to use them.

Boy: Why do people often use “you have changed. I didn’t expect this from you.” Is it somewhere related to emotions?

The Alchemist: Very good topic you brought into this conversation. Actually humans don’t change that easily. They need time and moreover a strong reason.
When we meet people and good things start happening with us. Because it is first time we are experiencing those. They seem the best for us. We often hesitate to ask simple questions. Assume buying your first bike or motorcycle or your first day at school or college. These are some of the good things and memories. But may be or may not be the best. What makes them best is the amount of emotions you had invested.
Why mom’s food tastes better? Why do we have to go to temples or mosques or churches to pray?
There are better chefs than your mom and they prepare really good food. You can offer prayer from anywhere you want.
Investing emotions may blind us from knowing reality and identifying true nature of people.

Boy: But without emotions everything seems tasteless. After listening to you. I am thinking not to invest them on anything or anyone. It’s scary.
The Alchemist: I know how are you feeling now. Investment of emotions is good. But that should not blind us from identifying real things and real people. When in confusion pause,  step back a little and think. Is it what it is?
That’s why I say, “the closer you look the less you see”.

Boy: How do I handle them?

The Alchemist: it’s about to rain. Let’s save this conversation for some other day. Will talk about two powerful things about emotions next time we meet. Will explain you how people who had controlled it has done amazing things in life.

Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters