Fighting against the me in us

(Event: Makalidurga night trek)

Place description: Makalidurga is a hill fort situated near the village of the same name. It is 60 km north of Bangalore and 10 km after Doddaballapura on the way to gauribidanur.


Boy: This sunset is so amazing. Sun must be an awesome painter. It’s greedy too. He covered sky and water with colors.

The Alchemist: It’s beautiful.

Boy: So what are we discussing about tonight?

The Alchemist: I don’t want to discuss about anything. I just want to look at the sky and spend night here. It’s so peaceful.

Boy: Wish I could allow you to do that. I have few more questions for you.

The Alchemist: Expected. Please proceed…

Boy: You have answers for so many questions I Had asked. I understood them. But they didn’t make any great impact on my life.

The Alchemist: You understood what I had told you. But I don’t think had put enough efforts.

Boy: I have lived my whole life like this. There is a potential energy in me which stops me from change. You had faced many situations. Instead of suffering, going through pain or hurting yourself had found answers for them. How to break the resistance inside me?

The Alchemist: Remember BIGGEST BATTLE IS TO FIGHT AGAINST, ME IN US.

Boy: should I kick myself or punch against a wall?

The Alchemist: Kill yourself.

Boy: I was kidding. Sorry.

The Alchemist: No. I am serious. You have to kill, me in you.

Boy: Please don’t bowl googly. I am not good in cricket. Say it.

The Alchemist: Kill ego, kill hatred and forgive all. Before that forgive yourself.
Tulsidas said: Bura jo dekhan main chala. Bura na miliya koi. Jo dil khoja aapna, mujhsa buran na koi(Translation: Always discover what’s wrong in us, than pointing out others mistakes).
The reason for your resistance to change is the crap you had bought from people around you, social media, internet and others.
When we were a child. We always listen to our heart. We won’t compromise even for a candy or getting the best for us. As we grow. We realize that finally we have to live in this society. Because man is a social animal. We start imitating others. That’s where we lose ourselves.
First step in any change is finding ourselves. Who are we? Why are we here? What are we best at? Cool or sensible? First or best?

Boy: You told me the cause. But how do you do it?

The Alchemist: How do you feel when somebody else is living your dream? Do you feel bad and then go on with what is with you now? Or saying I want it and I’ll get it.
The word is being PROACTIVE (creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.).
The fear of being oneself is one of the biggest fears that we face day in and day out. Who we are, what we feel and what we want to say versus what we portray to the rest of the world encapsulates this fear. It eats us from the inside and makes us question why we're unable to tell people what we're really feeling. What stops us doing what we really feel like doing?

Boy: I shouldn’t compromise on anything you are saying?

The Alchemist: It’s all about priority. Remember PEOPLE are more important than THINGS and EMOTIONS and MEMORIES are more important than people. If something is right it’s right. Efforts are important than understanding and doing nothing.
Realize before it’s too late.

Boy: SUNRISE! We spent a lot of time talking.

The Alchemist: The darkest hour is just before the dawn. Remember..!!
A bread baked without love will satisfy, but half the hunger of a man.

Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters