Conversation with Gen_v1.0 (Grandma)

Conversation with Gen_v1.0 (Grandma)


Somewhere in madhugiri taluk, Tumkur Dist.
Time: 5:00PM




Grandma: Finally you are here. It seems like ages that you had visited here. you have forgotten me.

Me: Please! Not again. You have to welcome me with a smile, not with tears. I hate tears. How come you cry so easily?

Grandma: You don't understand. you are a cold-hearted  person.

Me: Probably. I have Alexithymia.

Grandma: Whatever! Go fresh up and eat something. You look skinny.

Me: This is your usual dialogue. Actually i have gained 5 KG from my last visit.

Grandma: What have you done to yourself? Look at you, mustache and beard. You look like a bloody hippy. Don't you have any code to follow at your company?

Me: Chillax. I'll go rinse myself. Get me something to eat. I am starving.

Grandma: Did you eat anything from morning?

Me: Yeah. 1 tea and 2 buns.

Grandma: Kya hoga iss ladke ka (Oh god! this generation kids)?

 Me: Wokkay! Your generation is the best.

(After eating 250 gms of chicken, 4 butter rotis and 300 gms of rice...)

Me: It just tastes wow. It has been a long time that I had a meal like this.

Grandma: Take ghee. I know you like it.

Me: I love it. I would have had more. But I am done.

Grandma: That's it. Eat more. I mean look at you, my skinny hippy.

Me: Maneyondu mooru bagilu episode 233 (A kannada daily soap). Please stop.

Grandma: I know what kind of serials do you watch.

Me: He he.

Grandma: So how is life there? Do you miss your home and me?

Me: You have no idea how much. Wish i had never left this place and you guys. Greenery, simple life and less complicated people.  But, yes there is always a but.

Grandma: I  can understand that.You were a bright kid. You have dreams to fulfill. I know you don't stop unless you do it. I have raised that ziddi(stubborn) kid all by myself. But i had failed to change you. If you want something you just want it. If you don't wanna do it, not even god could make you do that. You never compromise.

Me: I did. But what i had realized is even though you have compromised so many times. people only remember the time when i had refused to do one.

Grandma: But if you continue doing it nobody will like you.

Me: It's not like that. There are few who like me for who I am. In fact many of them have said "I wish, i could have a life like you".

Grandma: How is it like to be in a city?

Me: It's not just a city. It's a ocean, big ocean. Opportunities, competition and a busy life. Everybody wants to do something before they die.

Grandma: Hmm. Our generation people didn't have opportunities and facilities like your generation have.

Me: Yes i agree. But there was a less competition that annuls your statement.

Grandma: We didn't have choices too. I got married at the age of 15. A husband, 7 kids, a home, a land and two cows. That was our world. Now i want to die peacefully.

Me: Maaa... You'll always have a choice. It depends on whether you want to make it or not. You need to be aware of the consequences too. You can't do all the things in the world or have everyone on your side. You choose one, you loose the other. Making choice is still as difficult as it used to be in your time.

Grandma: Is it?

Me: Yes. Most difficult job in the world is to make decisions. People who are good at it will be the highest paid in the industry (Ex: CEOs).

Grandma: So how one should decide what is good and what is bad for them?

Me: There is no theory to explain it. Many believe that making a pros and cons list, analyse the current situation and thinking about the future will help. But one should listen to their heart before doing it. It never misleads you. That's how i do it.

Grandma: So can you choose a job which you wanna do? Can you compromise on your dreams for your family? Can you get married to the girl you love? Can you always do what your heart says?

Me: Wow! seems like a check mate. Well done ma. Time will decide everything. I don't have answers for your questions right now. But i'll find out one day.

Grandma: Enough talking. Go get some sleep.

Me: Can i sleep on your lap?

Grandma: You are not a baby. Have some shame. Go sleep on the bed.

Me: Please!!! I need it. Also i want to listen to the story of king Ashoka.

(That was the best 20 min power nap i have ever had. Much needed sleep. It has been a long time I have felt love. It's the reason we breath. It's what give you strength to fulfill your goal. I needed it for now. Thank you).

Grandma: Now go sleep on the bed.

Me: Maa. I am leaving now.

Grandma: It's 10:00PM. Are you mad or what? Why are you like this? Reach and call.

Me: I don't know. But i have to go. You go sleep. Don't wait for my call. I'll call you tomorrow.

Grandma: you are not going home to meet your parents?

Me: May be next time.

Grandma: I know you won't stop. Take care my dear. Love you.

Me: Love you too. You also take care. Don't cry next time or i'll stop visiting you.

Grandma: Can you do that?

Me: Never. Because you know all the tricks.

Grandma: You won't understand.

Me: I know. Come and live with me.

Grandma: You know i can't do that. This is the place for me. I have borne here and i'll die here.

Me: See you.

(Ear phones plugged in, play rolling stones(I like retro), a small tear rolled out of my left eye and falls onto my cheek.).

Me: Fee Amanillah.

Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/

Comments

  1. Very nice Bhai...Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Bhai...Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That touched.. you depicted how amidst all the passion for success in life, we skip through the simplest and yet the most beautiful pleasures of life..

    ReplyDelete
  4. While running in a race for being successful, we forget what real happiness is.
    Gradma always knows us better.
    Really beautiful conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters