Crushed ashes

Crushed ashes



Place: Government high school
Time: Class X



Naga: Bro, she likes you.

Me: Only one month left for pre-preparatory exam. Your concentration should be on black board.

Naga: Papa kano (poor girl).

Me: Dude we are 16. It's common to have infatuation in this age. I don't want to fall for a trap like Love and all. I just want to score good marks, get out of this place and do something for myself.

Naga: But what about her?

Me: Dude seriously! Since when did you start caring about her? You guys are not even friends.

Naga: Her best friend ties RAKHEE to me.

Me: Oh! Emotional nonsense. Now i know where this care is coming from.

Naga: She wants me to deliver a message.

Me: And you agreed like a fool? Now focus on Math. We can discuss this in sports class.

Teacher: Hey you! What are you guys discussing? You will get a MOTTE (Zero) if you don't concentrate in math class.

Nothing sir. Both of us said in unison.

Teacher: Come and solve this problem on board. If you don't, I won't let you play in sports class. Do you understand?

Naga: But you just thought us the theorem. How do you expect us to solve a problem?

Me: I'll solve it. Not only one, but all 3. But you have to allow us to walk out of class now. We have something really important to discuss. 

Teacher: You arrogant pig. How dare you talk to me like that? Now come here and solve the problem.
(Walked to the desk. solved the problem. It took 10 mins).

Teacher: Get out of my class. Listen, take that guy who sits beside you also. You guys are such a disguise to the class. Two always taking and one always sleeping.
( Poushik is the guy who sleeps all the time)

Me: Thanks for the appreciation sir.

Place: School ground
Time: 04:30PM

Naga: When did you learn pythagoras theorem? 

Me: Yes. I have studied the whole Math book at night.

Naga: Seriously?

Me: Jusk kidding man. Poushik taught me. 

Naga: Why did you study pythagoras theorem before class.

Poushik: If you guys have forgotten, my father teaches mathematics.

Naga: So?

Poushik: So? What so? I have to study everyday. I sleep at 12:00 then i have to wake up at 4 and study the topics that are gonna be covered that day.

Naga: You have to do this everyday? That's why you sleep in the class?

Poushik: Yes. I get only 4 hrs sleep a day man.

Me: Whatever! now don't cry like a baby. I know your father is a Hitler. But it is for your greater good.

Poushik: I know you'll take his side. After all you are his favourite.

Me: Shut up man. It's not like that.

Naga: If you guys excuse me. Can we discuss about the actual topic.

Me: Sure man. Go ahead and convince me.

Poushik: Convince you for what?

Naga: We were discussing about the lady who used to sit at last bench and now sits next to out bench.

Poushik: Oh that lady! He he.

Me: What's so funny? I am gonna break your nose if you laugh again. We have a serious problem to discuss.

Naga: I don't know dude. You have to talk to her that's it. I have promised my Rakhee sister.

Me: You and your so called Rakhee sister. Solve it by yourself. Why are you fixing me in this?

Naga: That's rude man. She loves you.

Me: How come you are so sure?

Naga: Why did she start sitting next to our bench?

Poushik: How come did you get so many votes in Class Representative election? Her whole gang voted for you.

Naga: Why did she join the volley ball team? Because you play.

Poushik: Have you ever observed the way she looks at you.

Me: I know man. I know all of them. But my claim is, It's an infatuation. Even if it is love. I don't want all these. All i care about is my career.Remember the guy who I have thrown out of volley ball court last sunday?

Naga: Yes. That guy is dangerous. He carries blade with him.

Me: He caught me on Monday evening. He wants me to apologize.

Poushik: What did you do?

Me: I have apologized. But he did not stop there. He started using abusive language and suddenly included my mother in the conversation.

Naga: What did you do?

Me: I opened his skull with a rock. He got 4 stitches on his head.

Naga: You did the right thing. How dare he talk about your mom.

Me: His parents come to my house that night and complained to my father.

Poushik: Shit! Did he beat you?

Me: No. He said nothing. He didn't talk to me for 2 days. That felt breathtakingly painful.

Naga: hmm.

Me: On day 3 he said "you are not a kid. I don't have to spoon feed you now. Sports is good. But if you don't score good in SSLC(10th) then you may end up in a garage or puncture shop like others". That made sense man. He has a lot of expectations from me.

Naga:  But what's wrong in talking?

Me: Hmm.

Poushik: what hmm?

Me: fine. But for the last time.

Place: Sports room
Time: 5:30PM

Me: Hey

She: Hi

Me: What is the matter?

She: (Hesitated) I like you.

Me: So?

She: Do you feel the same for me?

Me: No. I never thought about it.

She: But why?

Me: I am not ready for it?

She: But i really like you.

Me: Dude it's just infatuation. It's common in teenagers. Why do you like me? I have average looks, I am rude and I don't like to talk to girls.

She: You are not rude. You are just bold and frank. About you not talking to girls is an advantage. I don't have to compete. You are smart, you play sports,you conduct trips, you organize events, you are a patriot  and you are our schools union leader. These reasons are enough. What do you think?

Me: I am really sorry man. I can't do this. I have promises to keep. I have dreams to follow.

She: Remember! One day you have everything you have always dreamt about. You'll be famous. You'll be liked by many. But you have no one to share your happiness with. You'll  burn day and night. Mark my words. We never talk from now. Karma is a boomerang.

(I went to classroom, took my bag and left. She obviously doesn't love me. No one on the earth could curse a person they love. If someone loves somebody truly they believe in "I Love you enough to let you go" and all they want is their happiness). 


Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters