From the death Part 1


Place: Holavanahalli, Tumkur Dist, Karnataka
Time: 2002 (Class 6th)

 ** Subramanya is my mathematics and science teacher. Imran (name changed) is my neighbor. He is one year elder to me. We compete with each other all the time. If it's sports or growing plants at our backyard garden. That day was world environment day 2002.

Subramanya: Hey kid, your class got over like 10min back. Why are you still here?

Me: I am solving the mathematics problems that you have given today as homework.

Subramanya: Homework should be solved at home not in class.

Me: Sir as you told class got over like 10min back. What difference does it make if i solve it in class or home?

Subramanya: Attitude huh! Everybody is scared of me except you. Don't you fear me?

Me: Why should I be scared sir? I concentrate in class. Finish my homework on time. Scores good in both Maths and science.

Subramanya: That's why you are my favorite. Why do you work so hard?

Me: Our village is a hell's kitchen. If you don't study, you'll end up in garage or a puncture shop. I want to go out of this place and do something.

Subramanya: I am sure about that.

Me: I am done. Going home now. See you tomorrow Sir.

Subramanya: Hey listen. Today is world environment day. Grampanchayat is distributing plants. Go get one for yourself.

Me: I have all types of trees at my backyard. I have learnt the art of gardening from my grandpa. I do it as a hobby.

Subramanya: Don't you think you are too matured than your age? Kids play. They don't do gardening.

Me: I play too sir, a lot. But i have enough time to do other stuff too. Trees as man's best friends. I talk to them.

Subramanya: Whatever! You have answer for everything. Just check once.

(Near the tractor filled with plants)

Tractor guy: I have no fruit and flower plants left.

Me: That's sad.

Tractor guy: How about this?

Me: OMG! It's a teak wood. I want this.

(A guy 2 inches longer than me snatches it and runs towards the classroom. I chase him.)

Subramanya: What's wrong with you two. Why do you fight all the time.

Me: Ask him. He took my plant.

Imran: I took it from the tractor guy.

Subramanya: Imran you already have a plant. Why do you want this? 

Imran: Sir I took it from the tractor guy. This is mine.

Subramanya: Do one thing, give this to me. Jamal you go get another one from the tractor guy. I am sure there will be more. 

Imran: That's better.

Me: That's not fair.

Subramanya: Everything is fair to stop a war. Jamal come back in 30 min. I need your help in class 7 evaluation.

Me: Sure (despair).

To be continued...

Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters