From the death Part 2


Place: Holavanahalli, Tumkur Dist, Karnataka
Time: 2002 (Class 6th)

 ** Subramanya is my mathematics and science teacher. Imran (name changed) is my neighbor. He is one year elder to me. We compete with each other all the time. If it's sports or growing plants at our backyard garden. That day was world environment day 2002.

Continuation from 'From the death Part 1'.

I went back to class to help Subramanya sir in the 7th std evaluation.

Me: That's not fair sir. How could you do this to me? That plant was mine. 

Subramanya: What I did was correct. Now stop crying like a baby. You are a big man. It doesn't suit you. Now take these papers and calculate the marks against each question and check total. Lets finish this quickly. I have a function to attend.

We have finished the evaluation and calculation in 1 hr.

Me: Here are your papers. I am going home. See you tomorrow.

Subramanya: Hey wait! Thanks a lot for the help.

Me: I don't want your thanks. I hate that word. You are my teacher. I can do anything for you. That's why I have not broken Imran's nose yet.

Subramanya: My boy is angry on me?

Me: Now don't try to pamper me.

Subramanya: Fine. Take your plant and get lost.

Me: What? Seriously? Thanks a lot sir.

Subramanya: Keep your thanks with you. You deserve it.

Me: Love you.

I took the plant quickly and left the place.

Place: Home

Mom: What are you doing here in the dark?

Me: I am planting a tree.

Mom: Which tree?

Me: The Teak wood.

Mom: Finish it quickly. You have to wake up early in the morning. We are going to Tumkur tomorrow to your aunt's place.

Me: Sure.

2 days later.

I came back home from Tumkur and ran towards the backyard garden.

Tears rolled off my eyes. Teak wood was broken from the middle. Ammi, I shouted. Mom came out and looked at me.

Mom: What's wrong?

I couldn't control myself anymore. I ran towards her, hugged and burst into tears.

Me: Somebody has broken my teak wood's trunk. It's gonna die now. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have come with you to Tumkur, My teak wood.

She brushed my hair with her fingers.

Mom: You are not responsible for it. Don't blame yourself. If something has to happen it'll happen. Look at the brighter side.  It's roots are still there in the ground. It's not dead yet. You water it everyday from now. If mother earth has to save this plant. She will do. You do your bit. Remember never give up on your loved ones.

I continued to water it everyday. 7 days passed and there is no sign of green. I almost lost my confidence. I was almost given up on it. 
Another 3 days passed.  There was a rain last night. I woke up at 6:00AM in the morning. Offered my prayers to the god (I did because my mom told me to do so).

"Oh god you are the giver of life. We are nothing without you. We are sinners. Please forgive us. After all we are your children. Bless my parents with greater health and wealth. Bless my little sister. Bless my grand mother and my family. Do good to everyone. Bless my teak wood. Please god please. I don't anything for myself. I'll get it on my own. Ameen".

I came out to the backyard and looked at the teak wood. There were 4 small leafs came out from the sides. I couldn't express the joy I felt that day. It was greater than pretrichor. It was greater than anything else in the world for me. I thanked mother earth for saving her baby. I was happy that I refuse to give up. Mother earth refuse to give up on her child.


It's been 16 years now. Now it's stronger. Nothing can shake it today.


Mohamed Jamaluddin
Link: https://mohamedjamaluddin.blogspot.in/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/19jamal
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mohamedjamaluddin28/

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146123353@N07/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The story of go getters